Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A quick peak over the fence at this fighter. . .

. . . led to an impromptu chance to look around at the site of a new Aviation Wing for the Marietta Museum of History.  As of January 2012, the 15.6 acre aviation wing is open Thursday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.  For more information, check out Marietta Museum of History.


It was cool to get a close up view of this piece of historic restoration in progress. 

 I started taking pictures of the aircraft at the intake.  It didn't seem to have the shape I expected.

 A close look at the guns intrigued me.  I didn't see inlets for six .50 caliber machine guns.  This plane wasn't the F-86 Sabre I thought it was . . .


Even the cockpit shape wasn't what I expected.  This plane didn't have a 360-degree bubble canopy.  What plane is this?  It's an F-84 Thunderstreak fighter bomber.




No comments:

Post a Comment