Sunday, September 21, 2014

An Image of a Hawk Edited in Shotwell

I'm not a big fan of photo editing software. I like to capture the original scene that I see and leave it alone. However, every once in a while, I'll play with an image. For example, I recently spotted a Hawk in the trees behind our apartment. I was able to capture his image with my Fujifilm Finepix S4430. I figured that 28x zoom would let me get a close up. Unfortunately, the Hawk was extensively shadowed by the trees. Here is the original image:

Original Image of a Hawk taken with Fuji Finepix S4430

I went into Shotwell in Ubuntu Linux and used the "Enhance" feature and then the "Adjust" feature to lighten the shadows and lengthen the exposure time. The resulting image isn't oirginal, but at least the Hawk is visible.

Enhanced/Adjusted Image of a Hawk taken with Fuji Finepix S4430
It's just too bad that I couldn't get an angle on the Hawk to get the twigs out of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment